Old 17-07-2004, 05:04 PM
steve

Default New Koi hassling goldfish is this normal?

wrote in message ...
did you add that fish without quarantine? Ingrid

Uhhhh yes I did and you will love this. I was at Walmart and there was
a little irradescent yellow gold Koi for $4.57. I normally don't by
any fish there but I could not resist. There was a tank of goldfish
and koi, some german/euro woman who was shopping pointed out a few
fish in the tank who were sickly and said, you should quarantine your
fish. I said Yah, yah but the fish was robust and I was forty %
committed to the quarantine thing but I ended up giving it a 10 minute
salt dip and a very short diluted Hydrogen Peroxide dip and then in
he went. I did not add any of the store water to my pond. He is
acting alot less crazy today. Maybe he has fish rabies, I hope not he
seems to be as strong as an ox just wackey.