Old 17-07-2004, 08:04 PM
LittleScooby LittleScooby is offline
Registered User

Default Holy Super Foam Jets

I am going to be upgrading my current foam jet fountain and I was wondering if there are any foam jet fountain experts around.

I currently own a Beckett 535 GPH fountain pump hooked up to a standard Beckett Foam Jet which gives me about a 2 foot high stream of foam water (closer to 22 inches after the pump filter is just rinsed out).

What I need to know is about how high of a foam jet I could expect using something like a Cal Pump P1600-2 with a CalPump FoamJet nozzle:

http://www.calpump.com/productsub.as...-20&category=4

This pump is rated at about 1600 GPH instead of 535 that my existing pump puts out.

Would I gain at least another foot or more with this new pump/nozzle combo over my existing setup?

One more question. I have noticed that WaterFall Pumps put out way more gallons per hour and cost relativley the same price.

What would happen if you used a Calpump PW4000 (4000 GPH WaterFall Pump) with a Calpump foam jet fountain instead of a waterfall?

Would this setup effectively double and triple my current foam jet height of 2 feet to 4 or 6 feet? Or would that fountain not be able to handle that much pressure and just pop off the pump or cause the pump to malfunction since the pump is designed for a waterfall and not a fountain? Any downside to using a waterfall pump for a fountain?

In case you are wondering, my current 535 GPH pump is only used for the fountain and none of it is being diverted to anything else, same would be true if I purchase a new pump.

Thanks.