Old 18-07-2004, 05:02 AM
ARIET B

Default Let's Start a Good Idea, Tips Thread.

There have been SO many good ideas here! But I hope you ALL have used this
one.
Go to the art store, and buy a palette knife. It is just a little thing with a
VERY flexible blade.
When you repot- first soak your plant in a pan/bucket(whatever is appropriate
for your plant) of water for a couple hours. I have found that "overnight" is
not too much, but it IS a bit scary. Then when ready to dump the plant out-
use the palette knife to gently remove the roots from the pot. Works like
magic- you can just slide the thing under to "stuck-on" roots, and they come
right off.
No home should be without one.
When you tire of your orchids, you can slop artist's paints- acrylic/oil onto
a palette, and then apply it to the canvas, just like Van Gogh.
Elinor