Old 18-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Karen Zack

Default Pumpkin Vines

Hi Brian,
No real advice for you, just a "me too" here. I planted 6 pumpkins in
one 8x6' bed and had no idea they'd all survive and thrive. Now they're
taking over the garden! They're grabbing hold of the sunflowers and
cornstalks, which is okay, but on the other side they've invaded the
pole beans and are working their way over to the watermelons and
artichokes. Yikes!! Heck, I'm just gonna let 'em go and sort of
"redirect" them if I don't like the direction they head off in.. ;^)

Such fun, I just LOVE this time of year!

karen

In article ,
"Brian" not available wrote:

Hi,
I am growing pumpkins in my garden. However, I had now idea they would take
over that much space.
Can you trellis the vines? Any pointers on how to get the plants not to
take up so much space??