Old 18-07-2004, 06:02 AM
Lydia

Default new plants, what to do with them?

"Pam Gibbs" wrote in message
5 floating plants with lily pad like leaves that are about the size of a
penny, almost heart shaped. I thought the floating heart was larger?

It's
not penny wort, I have some of that and it looks different.

That sounds like frogbit to me. Do a Google image search and see if that's
what you've got.

How do you plant parrot's feather and water hyacinth? I have a couple of
Helen Nash books, and one of them talks about lead strips in connection

with
planting parrot's feather. It also talks about potting the water

hyacinth.
I have seen posts here I think that say just to drop them in the pond.
Personally I prefer the BV method but will it work for these plants? I'm
new at this and don't want to make a major mess.

I just let my hyacinths free float, although they all float to the same
place in the pond so I'm going to do the ring thing to keep them where I
want them. But they're doing great.

Lydia