Old 18-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Just Me \Koi\

Default LA area rock question

It is perfectly ok. Bring reinforcement! Rock picking is a back breaking
endeavor. You may want to drive by and look at the rocks before you spend
money renting a truck!

BTW, I will not be online for the next 2 weeks. On vacation to the East
Coast.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Dsybok" wrote in message
ink.net...
So you think its okay to just go on up and pick up what I need from the

side
of the road around that spot? If so Im going to rent a truck and do so, I
havent been able to find anything close to what I need around here (
Lakewood) and being a floodplain, I cant dig and find anything but clay.

Thanks

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
I don't know. But around here you don't need to do that. We grow them

by
the thousands. There is a road that runs parallel to the new 210

freeway
(19th Street), at the Campus Avenue exit there is a massive development
(thousands of acres I bet). They a re moving some rocks! Stop by your

spot
of choice and load up! We all do it right in front of the police

officers
setting speed traps. Ok to pick, but illegal to dump!

All the rock around my pond came from inside the hole. Sometimes I feel
like if you need a rock, just dig a hole anywhere in the yard, there

will
be
a rock inside.

--
_______________________________________
like an eggs-and-ham breakfast:

"Sean Dinh" wrote in message
Is it legal to load them from the riverbed underneath the I-15?

Just Me \"Koi\" wrote:

If all else fails, drive some 40 miles north to my area and pick all

the
rocks you want for free!
My area being Rancho Cucamonga (Alta Loma to be specific. North of

the
Ontario Airport.)

You will need 3 or 4 manly men, a heavy duty truck, and some kind of
implement to move rocks from ground on to your beefy truck!