Old 18-07-2004, 03:06 PM
wendy7

Default Let's Start a Good Idea, Tips Thread.

Good one Elinor, I may even have a palette knife in my box of oil painting
goodies. It would
probably be easier to buy one than find mine as it has been packed away in
the attic for a score!
Wondering if the palette would work on clay pots?
--
Cheers Wendy

Remove PETERPAN for email reply

ARIET B wrote:
There have been SO many good ideas here! But I hope you ALL have
used this one.
Go to the art store, and buy a palette knife. It is just a little
thing with a VERY flexible blade.
When you repot- first soak your plant in a pan/bucket(whatever is
appropriate for your plant) of water for a couple hours. I have
found that "overnight" is not too much, but it IS a bit scary. Then
when ready to dump the plant out- use the palette knife to gently
remove the roots from the pot. Works like magic- you can just slide
the thing under to "stuck-on" roots, and they come right off.
No home should be without one.
When you tire of your orchids, you can slop artist's paints-
acrylic/oil onto a palette, and then apply it to the canvas, just
like Van Gogh.
Elinor