Old 18-07-2004, 03:06 PM
lrpiam

Default first post ...baby fish

Greetings fellow ponders, this is my first post. My wife and i are in
our second year with our pond that I dug and constructed using a
rubber liner and Purifalls filter and a regular submersible pump. It
is kidney shaped, with it's dimensions being 7'x7'x10'x 18" deep. In
the pond we have 3 shebunkin, 2 goldfish( recently lost a 3rd to a
coon or a bird) and a catfish. Yesterday my wife discovered 2 baby
fish swimming about , 1 appears to be a shebunkin the other appears to
be a goldfish. Now for the questions as I learned a little about the
birds and bees, but not very much about fish.
1) will he babys be eaten by the other fish?
2) if so, how can we protect them
3) do these fish live bear or are they hatched outside?
4) can the 2 fish be cross breeds or are they from seperate births?

thanks for your replies
lrpiam