Old 18-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default first post ...baby fish

"lrpiam" wrote in message
om...
snip
1) will he babys be eaten by the other fish?

To a point. Some fish prefer fish, some don't. I can say my Koi and Goldies
avoid the fry in the pond. They'll swim right through a herd of 'em and just
push them out of the way. Considering that I had hundreds of fry this year,
something IS eating them. I expect the two bullfrogs I've seen are the
culprits/

2) if so, how can we protect them

If you are having spawnings in your pond, don't sweat protection. Yer gonna
have more fish then you can eventually. Let natural selection take its
course and help keep the numbers down.

3) do these fish live bear or are they hatched outside?

Eggs are laid typically in the roots of plants and other areas around the
pond edge. The males then do their best to ferterlize using a broadcast
spreader method.

4) can the 2 fish be cross breeds or are they from seperate births?

Koi and Goldies (I don't know about others) will cross breed and create
sterile donkey koigoldfish.

BV.