Old 19-07-2004, 03:03 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:00:34 GMT, escapee wrote:

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 16:13:12 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

Did his saying "Bring it on" cause any terrorist attacks?

Actually, yes. The terrorist attacks launched in the middle east have more than
doubled since he said that.

OK, now all you have to do is prove that Bush's comment is the CAUSE of that.
Good luck.
Maybe Michael Moore would be willing to help you try. I wouldn't count on him
actually being much help, since he's not much in the credibility department, but
he'd be willing to try, I'm sure.

About a thousand dead kids in the armed services, to
date.

As a former soldier, I'd still say many of those dead would hardly be called
kids, unless you happen to be 80 or so.

Nice use of emotional slant there, equating soldiers with "kids". Some of those
soldiers are in their 30's. I spent 15 years in the Army, and don't even
consider the younger soldiers "kids". They're old enough to kill(and die) for
their country, so calling them kids seems a bit disingenious.

Oh, sorry. Eighteen is not kids. My bad.

Sometimes 18 is kids. Sometimes it isn't. I work with a 29-year-old who acts
like he's going on 13, so chronological age isn't a guarantee of maturity.

(snip)