Old 19-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Charles

Default Travertine Pool?

On 12 Jul 2004 12:43:54 GMT, (DavesVideo) wrote:

Still trying to get a pond going. The water here is extremely hard and the pond
looks like the travertine pools out west with pretty blue water. After a day or
so, the water clears and a thin gray residue settles out. Question is, can fish
live in that? I know that water softeners use salt pellets so what if I put
some in the water flow? If so, I'm guessing the salinity of the water would
need to be monitered closely. My water test strips tell me that it is above
300 (GH) ppm. Any suggestions?

Dave
http://members.tripod.com/~VideoDave

Our city water runs 800 to 1040 ppm TDS. Fish seem quite happy.

--

- Charles
-