Old 19-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Gail Futoran

Default pond plant care

"how" wrote in message
"Gail Futoran" wrote lin

message

snips
There's one floating plant that looks like
anacharis but has longer leaves and gets a
little white flower on it. Never saw that before.

Hi,
There is more than one 'anacharis', they all have white

flowers that float.
Elodea canadensis, E. nuttallii and Egeria densa are sold

as anacharis.
http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/pl...ive/elodea.htm
HTH -_- how
no NEWS is good.

Thanks for the link. The information was very
useful and I've bookmarked the site.

It looks like I have some Brazilian elodea
along with common waterweed. Where I got it
from I have no idea. Fortunately my ponds are
not connected with any natural water way, nor is
there a possibility of my plants getting into a
natural water way. (We're well above flood
plains & any excess plants go onto my compost
pile.)

Gail