Old 19-07-2004, 06:03 PM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 12:57:09 GMT, wrote:

not to mention the lasting emotional damage to all of them. so many of our ex
soldiers end up incapacitated and on the streets and homeless. Ingrid

The emotional damage could be a lot less if this country treated them better
when they returned. If the huge number of incredibly STUPID and IGNORANT people
in this country who can't understand that the soldiers don't start wars could
keep it straight in their minds, they might not hold the soldiers responsible
for any unpopular wars like they did in the past. Korea has been called the
"forgotten" war. I consider Vietnam the "ignored" war. Iraq is shaping up to be
another unpopular war, with many people already beginning to treat returning
veterans shabbily.
I consider one of America's biggest national black marks the way we(as a
country) treated the veterans WE sent to fight in Vietnam. I'd sure hate to see
that repeated.