Old 19-07-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Bush intel?

well at least one congressman, Corrine Brown, is calling for united nations to
monitor our elections to insure their fairness.....
http://www.buzzflash.com/alerts/04/07/ale04016.html
"NBC News first reported tonight about an "outburst" on the floor of the House.
Turns out it was Corrine Brown (D- Jacksonville, FL) debating the request made by
five Representatives to have the UN monitor U.S. Elections (see article re/their
original proposal below). Turns out that House leadership answered their call with
legislation forbidding any U.N. money be used to monitor elections in the U.S. "

then they trashed her, forbid her to speak for the rest of the day and struck her
remarks from the congressional record.

pffft. there goes our free speech.

I think it is just as important to "democratize" the congress. Ingrid

Larry Blanchard wrote:
BTW, I'm wondering if Bush is going to engineer a "crisis" in October to
ensure his re-election. Or "postpone" the election.

I think it was Will Rogers who said "The Republicans want to take my
money and give it to the rich. The Democrats want to take my money and
give it to the poor. I'd like to keep it myself, but if those are the
choices I'd just as soon it went to the poor."

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.