Old 19-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Mary

Default Clay to good soil

It's also called "Italian Dandelion"

"Al Dykes" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim Carlock wrote:
"Al Dykes" wrote:
I just looked for anything like "chicories" on the Burpee
website and don't see anything like it. WHat should I look
for ?

I didn't know what a chicory was either. I still don't but these
links seem to help. The dictionary.com redirects to the following
page for a definition of chicory:
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=chicory

dictionary.com provides the following synonyms:
succory, endive, wild endive and curly endive.

I still don't have a clew about what those are... so I like Google.
And the search on Google returns quite a bit of information,
http://www.google.com/search?q=chicories

Hope that helps. :-)

I googled it too, anbd I figured that Burpee would have everything,
but it didn't. Another google found this, which makes it sound
like an edible wildflower.

http://www.wildgardenseed.com/wgs/ca...duct_info.php?
cPath=33&products_id=61

Isn't chickory a coffee substitute ?