Old 20-07-2004, 05:02 AM
Molly

Default Food for bees

"Heaven Spent" wrote in message news:PRWKc.134308$Oq2.77792@attbi_s52...
Honey bees seem to like oregano plants.

Thanks. The Greek Oregano in our garden could stand to be split. Very vigorous.
Molly Zone 5a

"Molly" wrote in message
om...
Hello to rec.gardens after a long abscense.
I have been duking it out with removing Garlic Mustard from a Nature
Preserve. There are 11 beehives just next to the Nature Preserve. I am
looking for a bee friendly replacement for the Mustard, but most
clovers seem unsuitable for the site. The beekeeper requested big
white clover, I assume sweet, but I rule it out in that it will take
over the Nature Preserve just like the Garlic Mustard did. Ladino
clover has come up in my searches. I have 2 areas I can plant. One is
on a semi shady hillside that has bunches of rotten logs tossed down
into it, this soil is rich. The other area the soil is middling but is
in the sun, with an existant pasture. I'd toss the sweet white clover
seed out there any day. Any bee friendly plant ideas out there?

Molly
Zone 5a Milwaukee