Old 20-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Amy Lou

Default Greywater question

G'day all. I'm down in Tassie and on tankwater. It's been raining here a lot
lately (halleluiah!) but I know come summer it will be as dry as buggery
again.

I recycle my family's washing/shower water onto my vegie garden but as yet
have not found a suitable way of distributing it so that it will go straight
onto
the soil and not over the foliage/fruit. I've tried soaker hoses but they
clog up too quickly.

I store the greywater in a tank and it is filtered through fine mesh before
in goes in there. I've noticed a soapy residue sticks to the sides of the
tank so I presume this is the stuff that causes the clogging in the soaker
hose.

Anyway does anyone have a better way of putting greywater directly onto the
soil?

Amy