Old 20-07-2004, 06:02 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Whew!!! Close call.

My guys do impress me every now and then. ;o)

The UPS my son has, he said he got for something under $100 at Costco and
it ran his two aquariums with heaters for close to 5 hours and then it
started to complain about the power draw. At that time he took it off the
small tank and it ran the larger one right up to the power coming back on
an hour later.... it had just started to complain with beeps when the power
came back on. House was down to 55 degrees upstairs, so it was really
important to keep his tropical tanks warm. My tanks are all goldfish, and
they came thru it fine, didn't even mess up the filters. ~ jan

Sounds like a REALLY inexpensive and very effective solution to
the problem. The small UPSs available for under $50 only put out
rated power for about 10 minutes, and there is no way to recharge
their batteries until the power comes back on!!!

PlainBill