Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:42:48 GMT, escapee wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:39:33 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

I wouldn't trust Michael Moore to expose the fact that the sky is blue. I
recently watched Bowling for Columbine, and after that experience I wouldn't
believe him if his tongue was notarized.

Point me to what you believe is inaccurate in Bowling for Columbine.

Does that mean there's no proof for that claim that Bush's "Bring it on" has
CAUSED terrorist attacks?

Clearly, terrorist attacks have doubled since that statement. I guess you don't
read the newspaper...much like Bush.

Uh, the fact that something happens after something else doesn't mean the first
thing CAUSES the second thing, does it? In that case, I must have caused it to
rain yesterday, since I went outside just before it started raining.

Is it? Interesting. Back in the pioneer days that was considered old enough to
be raising a family, owning land, and doing most adult things.

In the pioneer days? Are you serious? I would hope society had grown since
then. People only lived to be 45 back then...in the west. People in the far
east far outlived most people in the west. They are still superior to any
western country, spiritually and socially.

It's always possible, but I don't think so. Anyway, I spent 15 years in the
military, so I guess that makes me qualified to speak on that subject, anyway.
How long did you serve?

Would that matter how long I served? I didn't think so.

It would if you wanted to discuss the military.
Anyway, back on the subject of those "kids".

Maybe we should consider anybody under 21 kids. We could take away their driving
privileges. We could stop letting them join the military. We could stop letting
them get married. We could stop letting them enjoy ANY of the rights adults
enjoy. No voting. No firearms ownership. Anybody here wanna try that? If you
really believe everybody under 21 is a "kid" seems like you should support that.

If they're just "kids" they're not responsible enough to handle adult
responsibilities.
I joined the Army when I was 17. I wasn't the most mature 17-year-old, but I
learned quickly that I was part of a group that depended on me. I was surrounded
by a lot of other young MEN, most of them about the same age, and most of them
handled their responsibilities quite well. I spent plenty of time in lots of
different types of units with a lot of men(and some women) over 15 years, and I
don't think I served with too many "kids".