Old 20-07-2004, 08:04 AM
Katra

Default Papavar giganteum

In article ,
(fudge) wrote:

Thanks for the replies, I#m no nearer but, grocery store Poppy seeds
will not germinate, they are dried to death, and are sterile,
otherwise, if the sat on the shelf for too long and got damp they
would begin to germinate, Papavar Giganteum, and Sominferum both have
high yealds of Opium, which is the stuff Iam after, and as far as I'm
aware although they say on the seed packet all parts are poisenes, all
parts of the Opium Poppy are quite edible, althogh not tried grinding
up the Pod and Stalk to make Poppy tea, as as I've heard they will
give you a Jip stomack.
Cheers
Fudge

Suggestion: Now that it's clear what you are after,
I suggest that you join alt.drugs.opium

You will get more informed answers, and it won't be off topic. ;-)
Another appropriate group might be alt.drugs.hard

Good luck!

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...