Old 20-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Crocosmia Q:

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 14:46:39 GMT, "Pam - gardengal"
wrote:

Crocosmias should be planted deep to avoid leaning or drooping, specially as
the newer corms emerge from the top of the old, effectively 'lifting' the
plant over time. Very fertile, loose soil that remains evenly moist is also
suggested for maximum performance - these are not exactly xeriscape plants.

Ah HAH! So I *can* improve the uprightness of these pretty plants by
re-grounding them. Actually, I only recall planting 1 or 2 single
corms several years ago. How they spread into big, floppy patches is a
mystery. I'm *definitely* going to take a bunch up and replant (and
give away).