Old 20-07-2004, 12:03 PM
Jim and Phyllis Hurley

Default "attaching" plants to side of pond

Hi Jan,

I have bought black, plastic, milk crates to put some plants in our pond

where
there is no shelves.

The milk crates are great because the fish can swim
in and out of the holes. Take a look at our pond page, the 2 plants in

the
very front are on milk crates.

We also use milk crates. The goldfish move through them. The koi are too
big...as the one found out who got stuck and lost a 2" band of scales where
it rubbed. It still has not regained its full tail, but has skin and scales
where it lost them. (cf. pics on our website).

Phyllis

Ask me about Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (clears $120+ per child) at: jogathon.net

"Pinkpggy" wrote in message
I have bought black, plastic, milk crates to put some plants in our pond

where
there is no shelves. Depending on how deep your pond is, you may have to

put
flat rocks on the top of them to make them tall enough. We bought some
flagstone from Home Depot. The milk crates are great because the fish can

swim
in and out of the holes. Take a look at our pond page, the 2 plants in

the
very front are on milk crates.
Jan
"Our Pond" Page