Old 20-07-2004, 03:03 PM
jojo

Default What is on the leaves of Oak leaves?

"Marcy Hege" wrote in message
You might not see pecans until those trees are at least 20-25 feet tall

(about
18-20 years old.) My father planted pecan trees (papershell and Stewarts)
around our yard when they build the house (year I was born) and there

were no
nuts on those trees until the fall I went to college. Not sure if it holds

for
all pecan trees. My grandmother had a grove of about 50 trees and every

fall,
our afternoon chores were picking up pecans and raking leaves.

With fruit and nut trees it depends on how they were started. Trees started
from seed
will take much longer to produce fruit. Trees started from graphs will
produce many years sooner.

jojo