Old 20-07-2004, 08:03 PM
George

Default Whew!!! Close call.

"Ka30P" wrote in message

And here I was feeling sorry for myself with a five hour power outage last
night. Temps were 101 when it went out though...

Jan tried something interesting, I'll e her so she can tell you about it. Her
DH bought it after we had a power outage last winter (19 below that day).
Something to do with car batteries and her ponds and fish tanks.

kathy :-)
algae primer

I thought about using a car battery, but my air pump and all of my water pumps
are 120 volts AC. There is a 12 volt DC pump that you can buy that would work
for short-term use (I used to used them to purge environmental wells before
collecting samples), but I've never had the need to have one handy before. And
it really isn't designed for continuous duty. I'd be interested in Knowing what
Jan did.