Old 20-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Gail Futoran

Default In praise of supermarket mini roses.

"Karen" wrote in message
om...
I bought two mini roses last fall in a sale for about

$1.00 each.
There wasn't any tag in the pot. I don't even their name.

[snip]

I've also had luck with cheap mini roses. One
thing I've found works to deter rabbits is
those wire hanging baskets. I put them upside
down over the small rose until it gets big enough
to fend for itself. Sometimes I've left the "cage"
for a year or more.

Mini roses do tend to be more tolerant of
various cultural & environmental conditions
than their larger siblings, and can be just as
rewarding to grow.

Gail