Old 20-07-2004, 11:02 PM
paghat

Default Bush intel?

In article ,
wrote:

On 20 Jul 2004 17:02:48 GMT,
(IntarsiaCo) opined:

went into
the military so he could get money for college and they trained him to be a
mechanic
and when he got out there WAS NO MONEY FOR COLLEGE. it is a lie. Ingrid

So I guess the degree my son obtained while in the Navy is a figment of my
imagination, yes?

He got lucky and probably wasn't serving in wartime.

My ex, Sheri, was a Vietnam era vet, though she spent the war stateside.
After she was mustered out she had the GI Bill which gained her great
terms on buying a condominium, & funding to go back to school. But vets
who served a few years later got nothing beyond whatever they could gain
educationally while in the service. The one remaining big perk after
serving was access to an underfunded medical system that itself killed a
lot of vets unnecessarily; that system is working a LITTLE better just
now, but needs vigilant watchdogging by veteran activists or it would go
all to shit again. However, you could even now get a good education by
qualifying for an officer's program through the NROTC, & that can be a
very good education followed afterward by service.

-paghat the ratgirl

If I am wrong, I thank you
and all your family for the service he did in combat, and during any

training he
did for our great nation. I love America. Freedom, however, is not free. I
can understand war on a very raw level, not deeper than that. What I don't
understand is the way the current administration can railroad all the people,
lie to the UN, misinform the troops, disguise a terrorist as if he hit

the Twin
Towers, and we still have not found Osama. OR, they have found him and will
cart him out right before the election. The level of lies out of the current
administration is unmatched by any in the history of this country.

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"