Old 21-07-2004, 12:02 AM
AJ

Default Crabgrass is evil

I am almost 100% certain it is crabgrass. It looks like the "smooth
crabgrass" I saw in one of the pictures you sent me. It grows almost
horizontally, and it just plan evil looking!

AJ

Kay Lancaster wrote in message ...
On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 11:29:10 -0000, GaryM wrote:
Kay Lancaster wrote in
:

Crabgrass is an opportunist of open ground. Get your lawn growing
well so there's no bare soil, and it won't germinate.

I keep reading this over and over and yet I have crabgrass seedlings in
the thickest grass in my lawn. I mow to 3 1/2". Seriously annoying.

How thick is the thickest grass? Does sunlight penetrate to the soil
surface? Do you actually have crabgrass (Digitaria ischaemum or D.
sanguinalis) or do you have another weed grass?
http://www.agron.iastate.edu/~weeds/...edID/crab.html
http://ipm.missouri.edu/ipcm/archives/v13n8/ipmltr1.htm

Kay