Old 21-07-2004, 12:02 AM
Roy

Default In praise of supermarket mini roses.

You mentoin el cheapo mini roses and Wal MArt
I pulled 30 pots of miniature roses fro the local walmart dumpster
awhile back. They had been reduced 50%, then after that they got
thrown in the dumpster. They have all produced bloomms and are
actually much nicer than some of the roses I paid a lot of money for
from a Rose Nursery. They are all doing just fine so far, and its been
at least 2 months or so. They say yu can't really transplant mini
roses very well (the book I have n roses states this) but I have
transplanted about 1/2 of the ones I salvaged, and had no problems.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.