Old 21-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Bob S.

Default Dogwood anthracnose

(Marley1372) wrote in message ...
If you are going to spray your dogwoods I would reccommend mixing mancozeb and
propiconazole(fertilome systemic fungicide). I take care of the spraying at
the nursery I work for and use the agrucultural strength stuff that has the
same active ingredients. Follow the directions exactly and they should be
fine. You will have to spray in spring and late fall for it to be effective.

Toad

This is why all experts recommend getting dogwoods from a nursery
rather than transplanting wild ones. When you have bunches & bunches
of wild ones, spraying is just not feasable since dead leaves, twigs,
and bark which carry the disease cannot be controlled. Any cut,
scrape, or broken twig allows anthracnose to enter the tree.

Bob S.