Old 21-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Amy Lou

Default Greywater question

"len gardener" wrote in message
g'day amy lou,

we don't store it we find that to hold it for any period it degrades
and this also causes sludgy stuff to clog things up,

That's interesting. I was told that it is better for the environment if it
is allowed to degrade. But, yes, the sludgy stuff is a problem.

but basically we
just run it direct through 1/2" hose just stuck under the mulch and
move it as regular as needed. we don't do any filtering and on the odd
occassion the hose stops running i just force water back up it to
clear it then it's right for yonks until the next time at least.

Yeah, I have done this in the past. I am hoping to find a more automatic and
less time consuming system though.

My other option is to continue to use the soaker hose and to install a
filter at the tap end.

What I really should do is forget summer vegetables and just grow winter
vegetables when there is plenty of fresh rainwater around.

Thanks.

Amy