Old 21-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Cat

Default Ultra Modern Daylilies

In article ,
Bobby Baxter wrote:
Moments ago we updated the Frank Smith Daylilies web site with his fall 2004
introductions. If you are interested in seeing some of the most sought
after daylilies on this planet then you should take look. These are some
remarkable beauties and many will be sold out within the next 48 hours and
the $200 prices do not deter the diehard daylily fanatics.

Leaving aside the question of whether advertising in this group is a
good thing, I have to say that these daylilies look... well - rather like
dustcovers ;

Perhaps I'm old fashioned in the flowers that I like, but I really can't
work up any enthusiasm over the fussy ruffles that really obscure what
should be a beautifully shaped flower.

More generally, it seems that many of the recent cultivars are aiming more
for shock value than attractiveness - or features like repeat blooms and
scent - which is a crying shame.

cheers!
avoid getting wet. This is the defining metaphor of my life right now."