Old 21-07-2004, 05:02 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:19:16 GMT, wrote:

a welcome home parade doesnt do shit for anybody past the momentary "feel good".

Yeah, well, that would be more than they got back then, wouldn't it? Given the
choice between something and nothing, most people would prefer something.

it
is the abdication of responsibility for veterans by our gov'ment that has been the
root cause of the misery.. well the stupid useless war was the real misery.

I consider the unpopular war only part of the misery. Having their own country
turn its back on them probably added more to their misery than the fact that the
war was unpopular.

there is a memorial in Milwaukee down at the lake front. I been to the one in D.C.
probably 20 times when I lived outside D.C.

The one in Washington is dedicated to the men who died in Vietnam. The men who
served in Vietnam and survived got nothing, again.