Old 21-07-2004, 05:10 AM
Charles

Default Water lettuce

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:58:27 -0400, "Martha Gillier"
wrote:

This is the first year for our pond and everything is going well. I
purchased 2 lilies, 1 lotus, 2 water hyacinth and 2 water lettuce. My lilies
have thrown 5 flowers and the leaves are fine. The lotus has two large buds
but the leaves are showing brown patches at the edges.
Over a 2 month period the water lettuce has almost taken over the pond. I
would like to know how much is too much. Do I need to compost the babies or
the big parent plants?
Thanks

I think the small ones are more attractive, so I'd throw out the big
ones. Actually, I don't care that much for it and I gave away all I
had, but if you like it...

--

- Charles
-