Old 21-07-2004, 06:03 AM
The Watcher

Default Bush intel?

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 16:59:10 GMT, escapee wrote:

I agree with everything you said, but indeed the returning soldiers were spat
on, and protested against, called baby killers and a whole barrage of horrible
things on TOP of their PTSD. Maybe where you live the soldiers were welcomed
home, but not in my part of the country, which was New York, at the time.

There were no welcome home parades, no facilities, or treatments. They were
denied everything that a person returning from bad wars should have received.

There was indeed damage to the men and whatever women who served. When they got
home, they were never celebrated for being freedom fighters. That's real.

I got to see the Moving Vietnam Wall Memorial in 2000 here in Arkansas. I saw a
lot of Vietnam vets there, and talked to lots of them. Plenty of them said they
had never been told "Welcome Home" and it did feel good to finally hear it.
Several of them actually had tears in their eyes when they said that, too.
I still don't know why that couldn't have been done back in 1975 or so. :/