Old 21-07-2004, 06:08 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

Default Veggie filter + what? to get clear water

Depending on how much you're gonna throttle down that pump you won't be
able to pull 2300 gph out of the pond with two 1 & 1/2" pipes, and I think
you may have trouble using that size on the bottom drain, that it will clog
up easily with string algae. At the very least use 2", 3" would be better.
~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~
Tri-Cities WA Zone 7a
To e-mail see website

Pond is 700+ US gallons. Pump is overkill (Sequence 750 series
4200SEQ12, 2300 GPH) but we will be adding other water features in the
future. (Boy, that AZponds is REALLY inexpensive for pumps!)
Intake for pump is a no-niche skimmer and an intake at the bottom of the
pump, both 1.5" pipe. (Bottom intake will be a DIY Tetra bottom drain
http://www.azponds.com/Bottom%20Drains.htm with that will act as a plant
stand).
Should I put in some sort of trickle tower as well? My "pump house" is
in the storage room. At floor level it is about 12" below the pond's
surface. A trickle tower could be put on a stand of some sort.

I am after clear water. Pond is block lined with granite tile (or will
be if it will ever stop raining so I can finish sealing it). I could
add a UV light if required.

Mark B.