Old 21-07-2004, 01:06 PM

Default squirrels in my tomatoes

wrote:

Just curious - I have no answers. I see some here in my garden but they
don't touch any of my tomatoes or others...I didn't know that it's something
they do routinely - or maybe they like your tomato variety more than my

The squirrels in my yard have kept me from getting even ONE
lousy peach from my tree for 6 years now, but I've never seen
them eating a tomato, and I've brought in LOTS this summer.

My tomatos haven't been very big this year; something to do
with the (beastly) weather, I suppose. But the squirrels
leave them alone, and always have.

One possibility: We've got a bird feeder, and the squirrels
hang around it for the stuff the birds drop. Maybe they
prefer birdseed to tomatos?

Ken Kuzenski AC4RD kuzen001 at acpub .duke .edu
All disclaimers apply, see?
www.duke.edu/~kuzen001