Old 21-07-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:13:14 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

I disagree with this. I think if a country has the guts to send soldiers to
fight a war, it OWES them at the least a welcome home of some sort. The welcome
they got from Vietnam was a disgrace.

We agree on this point. I make it my business when I see a Vet wearing a hat,
or any indication of his having served in Vietnam and I welcome him home. On
several occasions, over the years, men shook my hand with tears in their eyes
and thanked me for saying that. It was disgusting the way Vets were treated. I
had a boyfriend who was there and to this day (we're still in touch) he can't
talk about what happened in Vietnam. I recall many times if he heard a backfire
from a truck or car, he'd hit the deck in total fear. He absolutely has PTSD
and he's in his 50s now.

It might not be a cure, but treating veterans like pariahs probably doesn't help
them get any better, either.

Agreed...