Old 21-07-2004, 03:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:39:45 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

One of his biggest whoppers was his little cartoon of anti-gun propaganda.
During the cartoon(and elsewhere in the movie) he insinuated that people buy
guns because of fear. Some people do, but that's not the ONLY reason. Of course,
he didn't mention any other reasons, since other reasons might interfere with
his "mission". I own plenty of guns, and I didn't buy them out of fear.

While you have no way to determine why people other than you buy guns, this is
not a lie. It's a fact we have the highest mortality rate in the world as a
direct result of all the guns we have laying around. That is not propaganda,
it's a fact. I had a neighbor, a cop in Austin tell me to go out and buy a shot
gun and a 38 in case. In case of what? Someone is going to storm my house?
Why would he be driven to recommend that? He said it's for protection.
Protection from what? I live in an upper middle class, bedroom community in a
rural area. There's that, and I don't remember a cartoon about guns. I do
remember his factual reporting about how the NRA held their rally's in Columbine
the days after the shooting...and at other parts of the country. I saw the
leader of the NRA say something like, (paraphrase) you will have to take it from
my cold dead hand...when making reference to his rights to own a weapon.

Right, but the World Trade Center attack was planned for several years, probably
begun during the Clinton years, at least. Also, other terrorist attacks have
happened under other presidents, so this one isn't unique.

Have you read Richard Clark's book, or heard or saw him on the myriad interviews
he gave? This current administration was aware of it and did nothing. Rice
said in her testimony that info was regarded as "historical information." When
President Clinton went after Osama and started bombing, the political right
insisted it was wagging the dog because of the Lewinsky scandal.

Did you know your current president has drastically cut funds for Vets
hospitals, stateside? That some Vets have to drive four hours to see a doctor
and it takes about 4 months to get an appointment?

It doesn't look like they liked us much before George Bush became president.
They were attacking us before he became president, so it's quite a stretch to
claim his words "caused" more terrorist attacks.

So you don't think Bush's use of the term "crusade" was poor judgment? You
don't think Bush's mantra "God told me I'd be president so I could do this." It
doesn't tweak you at all that a man who doesn't believe in evolution is running
our country? That he is insisting Christianity be brought into these Muslim
nations? Sure terror attacks happened before. Nothing like the terrorist
attack we have launched on a country, Iraq, which has nothing to do with 9-11.
That, and the way this administration protects the Saudi's by having six secret
service officers guarding their embassy. What other embassy do we guard? None.

Nope, I was just answering what YOU had posted. You had just denied that they
had not found a SHRED OF EVIDENCE that there were WMD'S IN IRAQ. I was pointing
out that they had. Don't you want to be shown when you make a false statement?
Would you prefer to continue to go around making a false statement?

The amount of chemical weapons found was hardly a reason to invade a country.
That should also be pointed out to you who didn't say they found so little it
wasn't considered.

Why, yes, as a matter of fact, I was a recruiter. That's why I'm familiar with
the fact that there are more reasons for joining the military besides getting a
college education.

I know that, but the emphasis is not placed on the more reasons. The emphasis
is based on all sweetness and light. Very little, if any war discussion came up
at the recruitment of my neighbors son, who served 16 months in Iraq. Don't you
think that's a rather long tour for an 18 year old to endure?

Those weren't the ONLY places I travelled to. Those were only the places I was
assigned. While I was in the Army I also visited many states in the United
States. Somewhere around 20 or so, I'd guess, after a quick count. While I was
in Europe(6 years total) I also went to Spain, England, Italy, France,
Czechoslovakia, and Austria. I also saw a LOT of Germany while I was there. In
fact, I'd bet I saw much more of Germany than many tourists get to see. Too bad
much of it was seen from the top of a tank, but even that can be attractive if
you appreciate it.
Heavy enough for you?
BTW, when I joined the Army my total amount of "world travel" involved one
state(which I hadn't even seen very much of).

Look, you are retired military. I'm not trying to undermined your service, as a
matter of fact, thank you. However, this whole occupation still seems wrong.
Very wrong. I still strongly dislike our current administration, and I felt
that way on Election Day in 2000. I felt doomed way back before the Towers
fell. I rode the elevator in those Towers many times. I have family who live
down there in Tribecca. I'm a native New Yorker. The magnitude of that event
was so much bigger than anyone can imagine. Two buildings which covered 16 acre
footprints.

We will probably disagree on many things, but we agree on one thing, the
soldiers should never, ever be harmed or put down or shunned for any reason.
They are doing their job, and that is torture enough.

Victoria