Old 21-07-2004, 05:02 PM
escapee

Default Bush intel?

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:11:37 GMT, Jim Elbrecht opined:

escapee wrote:
-snip-
He got lucky and probably wasn't serving in wartime. If I am wrong, I thank you
and all your family for the service he did in combat, and during any training he
did for our great nation.

You're an ignorant putz. You should than every soldier no matter
where or when they served. If we don't have soldiers serving in
peacetime then we might as well close our doors forget this whole
democratic experiment.

I think I wasn't making myself clear. I do thank all soldiers regardless
whether or not we are at war. I'd go out of my way for any soldier, anytime,
anywhere. But thanks for the intelligent response of calling me a putz.

Since it seems to matter to you [as you hide behind a alias], I am a
combat veteran-- I joined the Marines in 1968 and chose to go to
Vietnam. To even imply that soldiers that serve during peacetime
don't deserve every bit of the thanks of a grateful nation as those
of us who mucked through some war zone is the height of ignorance.

I never said or implied what you perceived I said or implied. Thank you for
your service regardless where or when. I'm glad to see you have your anger in
check.

I love America. Freedom, however, is not free.

Nice bumper sticker--- use your head.
-snip-

Jim