Old 21-07-2004, 07:02 PM
paghat

Default Bush intel?

In article ,
wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 04:44:33 GMT, (The Watcher) opined:

They often object to my religious affiliation, too, since I carry a Life
Member card in American Atheists.

Okay, so here are more things we agree on. I am also an atheist, but I am a
practicing Buddhist. Buddhists do not believe in creation or creator, so it
can be considered atheist.

The wheel of illusion, which is the material universe as snare, is a
creation of gods. Buddhism does not deny the existence of gods, whether
Hindu or Christian gods, they may well all exist, Buddhism does not deny
them. It posits instead that gods, like the rest of us, are trapped in
this shared wheel of illusion. And whether its the million gods of tantric
& northern buddhism, or just a shitload of bodhisattvas who linger to help
us escape, Deities they are, so this cannot be likened atheism, despite
that the Mormon heads of the national offices of Boy Scouts of America
decided heathen Buddhist scouts & Unitarians can no longer earn religious
merit badges because they must be athiests.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Visit the Garden of Paghat the Ratgirl:
http://www.paghat.com