Old 21-07-2004, 09:03 PM
madgardener

Default How much lime to treat blossom end rot?

water them with Epsom salts.

--
Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.
wrote in message
I came to this group the first time yesterday, and immediately found
the answer to my problem: what was causing the ends of my tomatoes to
rot. Blossom end rot due to low calcium. So can I simply treat this
by sprinkling lime in the soil? If so how much? It seems to be
linked to nitrogen content, so will switching to low N fertilizer help
by itself or will I need the lime treatment as well.

thanks for the great information

Hal