Old 21-07-2004, 09:10 PM
dave @ stejonda

Default Newsgroup

In message , Jane Ransom
writes
In article , dave @ stejonda NoSpamThanks
writes
So how does one do it, Dave?

I use the custom rule

/^Newsgroups:.*,/h

The result of this is that TP never even downloads the bodies of
cross-posted articles unless I request them.

However Jane, I see that you're using v4.02, whereas I'm using v6.02
which is a teeny bit different. I'm sure v4.02 had this capability (I
even think that v1.12 had it), but I'm not sure where you'd insert the
rule in v4.02.

Well, I have tried sticking the above in custom rules for this group so
we'll see what happens next time I download!!!!

Ahhh, Ok - I asked in dist for you - the rule is the same and you (will
have) press(ed) F9 to enter the rule apparently.

--
dave @ stejonda
Bring culture back to NTL.