Old 21-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Bob Hobden

Default ......accidents will happen.....

"David Hill" wrote
".......... We had one of those when I was a kid - an Elsan? I thought we
fed it formaldehyde and crap not Jeyes fluid. It was an improvement on the
earth closet that the previous owner of the house used .........."

The old Elsan toilet used to use Elsanol, specially made, but now it is
Elsan perfumed .

Properly used an Earth closet works better than anything and is hygienic

and
odour free, as I said, used Properly.

Works exactly like a cat litter tray in fact. You do your business and then
chuck some very dry earth on it to cover it, kills the smell and starts the
decomposing process.
I've seen it said that it was a much better system (for the environment) and
cleaner than the flush toilet. Mr Crapper has a lot to answer for.

--
Regards
Bob