Old 21-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Hampton Court 7th July

The message
from "tuin man" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough.." wrote in message

TV media are in deep, deep trouble when prime-time programming is
ignored by a target audience which happens to be the largest, highest
spending leisure activity group in the UK. We are hugely valuable to TV
advertisers; they won't pay to be ignored by us. That's terrible news to
production companies, including the BBC, who hope to sell their
programmes to the worldwide market.

Janet.

Yes but what is it that has started the rot.

True, but it's also what will bring them to their senses. They'd
better be quick, because at the rate TV is declining, zillions of
disaffected viewers won't bother converting to digital when analogue
broadcasts stop. Goodbye, meeja numpties. Goodbye, advertisers and
commercial sponsors. Goodbye, BBC licence fee.

should not the target of our grumbling be directed at specific
(naming) directors etc, rather than the Diarmuids & co?

Programme producer.

Janet.