Old 21-07-2004, 09:50 PM
BAC

Default clover in lawn

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , BAC
writes

You seem to be saying that, unless one embraces a totally 'green'
lifestyle, one should encourage a total disregard for the environment.

I certainly did not say that, nor did I imply it. You said that gardens

and
nature were interlinked and implied that gardeners should not act in a
manner which put at risk the 'diversity of our countryside'. I was

enquiring
whether your belief that use of fertilisers and pesticides for

recreational
purposes could not be justified,

I don't think I said that it could not be justified. I think I said it
was something I did not want to do.

It seemed to me you had been implying you did not consider use of pesticides
and chemical fertilisers for frivolous purposes was justifiable. If that is
not the case, I stand corrected.

for that reason, also extended to the
growing of non-native plants for recreational purposes.

Although you did not directly answer my question, I assume from your
response the answer is no, it doesn't.

I also assume from your response that you feel entitled to exercise your

own
judgement as to what is and what is not reasonable for you to forego in

the
name of preservation of 'the environment', and that you might resent your
decision in the matter being criticised by people who draw their own line

on
the subject in a different place. Rightly so, IMO.

I think you are assuming too much and not reading carefully enough.

LOL. I hope what I wrote served its purpose.