Old 21-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Rich

Default Allotment cash crop advice

"trufflesdad" wrote in message
Rich wrote:

Hi, My allotment is probably twice or 3 time more that I need to feed my
family, or even just keep weed free.

Next year I was thinking of setting half to a very low maintainance cash
crop.....

Any ideas what this should be ?

I'm not "that" interested in the money side, as long as it makes some
holiday spending money to keep wifey happy.

Its more important that whatever crop , it doesn't take too much effort,
and fills a space otherwise occupied by weeds.

Rich
http://www.sh0pz.com

Late raspberries...Chop back every year,weed a few times
and then sell the produce ....
--
Regards
Ted Wager

Thanks Ted,

I'll look out for Raspberry plants....

A guy in the pub reckons Pumpkins, as they cover a large area of ground, and
more and more places want to sell them at halloween.

Any thoughts ?

Rich
http://www.sh0pz.com