Old 21-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Michelle

Default how to move flower, rose&grape to new house

I was wondering I need to move a whole bunch of flowers my self
becaus I am buying a new house.
I have lots of lilies day lilies and asiatic lilies some cannas and
roses i just love too much to leave or are hard to find how do I go
about keeping these until spring do I need to digg them up and get
them in new house before freeze? like spring bulbs crocus or
hyasenths or tulips or should I let them dry and save them until
spring
I have had luck with the canna wintering well under lots of mulch but
I've never loved plants so much I had to take any specific ones with
me oh and some grapes too yummy to part with as well I planned to
stay in this house a long time but my hubby got a new job and it's tie
to move and i just don't want to part with my lovlies
any ideas for preservation would be most wonderful
thanks in advance