Old 21-07-2004, 11:34 PM
Sacha

Default clover in lawn

On 18/7/04 8:44 pm, in article
, "Howard Neil"
wrote:

BAC wrote:

Sorry about that - I use the term 'pesticides' to include herbicides,
insecticides, fungicides, etc. I don't think I'm alone in that, but
apologise for any confusion. In this context, I meant weedkiller,
specifically one not fatal to lawn grass.

You are correct in your use of the term "pesticide". It is a general
term that includes herbicides, insecticides and fungicides. Weed killer
is a herbicide which then means that it is a pesticide.

You may use it in that way but nobody else I know does so. Herbicide is not
pesticide. We do not use pesticides on this nursery but very occasionally
we use herbicides. As we use biological controls in the greenhouses, the
difference is very marked and it would be sloppy to encourage people to use
'pesticides' when one might mean 'herbicides', IMO.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk