Old 21-07-2004, 11:37 PM
RichardS

Default Allotment cash crop advice

"Jims garden" wrote in message
k...
Rich wrote:
Hi, My allotment is probably twice or 3 time more that I need to feed my
family, or even just keep weed free.

Next year I was thinking of setting half to a very low maintainance cash
crop.....

Any ideas what this should be ?

I'm not "that" interested in the money side, as long as it makes some
holiday spending money to keep wifey happy.

Its more important that whatever crop , it doesn't take too much effort,

and
fills a space otherwise occupied by weeds.

Rich
http://www.sh0pz.com

Some years back there used to be groups devoted to growing their own
tobacco. ...Yes it is possible in this country, particularly in the
Southern counties or using cloches elsewhere.
Perhaps a google search might locate any still extant as they would be a
source of info on the methodology and also seed sources etc.
Even if you don't use the tobacco yourself I'm sure there would be a
demand for it.

hmmm, presuming this isn't toungue-in-cheek, not a course of action to be
recommended.

you _really_ don't want to clash with the enforcement people within HM
C&E....

--
Richard Sampson

email me at