Old 21-07-2004, 11:38 PM
BAC

Default clover in lawn

"Kay" wrote in message
In article , BAC
writes

LOL. I hope what I wrote served its purpose.

Which was?

To teach me something I didn't know? - No
To make me reconsider my values? - Do you *really* think that I leap on
to passing bandwagons without giving some consideration to my stance?
To tell me my opinions are unwelcome in urg? - well, you are just one
urgler, and you are entitled to state your views
To say that no-one should comment on one undesirable practice unless
they make sure their life is clear of all others? - it's a philosophy,
but I can't see that bodes well for the future of the world.
To take a cheap side swipe at me? - well, that's not something I would
have associated with you ...

None of the above. The purpose was twofold. First, to elicit responses
leading to a better understanding of what you and others of similar opinion
were driving at (and why), and secondly to suggest why it is not perhaps
surprising if such advice fosters resentment in some quarters. I'm sorry if
you were stung by my remarks, that was not my intention.